The connection between Hilbert and Hardy inequalities
© Azar; licensee Springer. 2013
Received: 10 April 2013
Accepted: 12 September 2013
Published: 7 November 2013
In this paper we introduce some new forms of the Hilbert integral inequality, and we study the connection between the obtained inequalities with Hardy inequalities. The reverse form and some applications are also given.
here as in (1.2).
Refinements of some Hilbert-type inequalities by virtue of various methods were obtained in [4, 5] and . A survey of some recent results concerning Hilbert and Hilbert-type inequalities can be found in  and .
where and or . If , then the reverse form of (1.9) holds. The constant is best possible.
2 Preliminaries and lemmas
In this paper, we assume that u and v are defined as in inequality (1.3) from the introduction.
Substituting the last inequality in (2.2), we get (2.1). □
Substituting the last inequality in (2.4), we get (2.3).
3 Main results
In this section, we introduce two main results in this paper. Theorem 3.1 gives an extended form of inequality (1.11) and it is connected to the famous Hardy inequality. In Theorem 3.2, we introduce the reverse form obtained in Theorem 3.1.
where the constant is best possible.
It is obvious that when from (3.3) and (3.4), we obtain a contradiction. Thus, the proof of the theorem is completed. □
where C is as in Theorem 3.1.
If we substitute these two inequalities in (3.6) and make some computations as we did in Theorem 3.1, we get inequality (3.5). □
- 1.Let , , , then we find by (3.1)(4.1)here and . If we put in (4.1), we get (1.11). If we let , , we obtain the following form:(4.2)Applying Hardy’s inequality (1.7) to the right-hand side of (4.2), we get Hilbert’s inequality (1.1). If we apply the weighted Hardy inequality (1.8) to (4.1), we get(4.3)where . Inequality (4.3) is equivalent to inequality (1.2) if we set () under the condition . By Theorem 3.2, we have the reverse form of (4.1)(4.4)If we apply the reverse inequality of (1.8) to the first integral on the right-hand side in (4.4) and inequality (1.8) to the second integral (), we get(4.5)
Inequality (4.5) is equivalent to the reverse form of (1.2) if we set under the condition .
- 2.If , , , we obtain by (3.1)(4.6)
here and . If we apply (1.9) to the integrals on the right-hand side of (4.6) and set , we obtain (1.5). The reverse form of (4.6) is also valid, and we may obtain a reverse inequality of (1.5) if we use (1.9) and its reverse form.
- 3.If , , , then we have(4.7)here and . In particular, for , , we get
if we apply (1.10), we get Hilbert-type inequality (1.6).
- Hardy GH, Littlewood JE, Polya G: Inequalities. Cambridge University Press, London; 1952.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Krnić M, Mingzhe G, Peĉarić J, Xuemei G: On the best constant in Hilbert’s inequality. Math. Inequal. Appl. 2005, 8(2):317–329.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Azar LE: Some extensions of Hilbert’s integral inequality. J. Math. Inequal. 2011, 5(1):131–140.MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Krnić M, Peĉarić J: Extension of Hilbert’s inequality. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2006, 324: 150–160. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.11.069MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Krnić M: A refined discrete Hilbert inequality via the Hermite-Hadamard inequality. Comput. Math. Appl. 2012, 63: 1587–1596. 10.1016/j.camwa.2012.03.014MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mingzhe G, Yang B: On the extended Hilbert’s inequality. Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 1998, 126: 751–759. 10.1090/S0002-9939-98-04444-XMATHView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Yang B, Rassias TM: On the way of weight coefficients and research for the Hilbert-type inequalities. Math. Inequal. Appl. 2003, 6: 625–658.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Yang B: The Norm of Operator and Hilbert-Type Inequalities. Science Press, Beijing; 2009.Google Scholar
- Mitrinović DS, Peĉarić JE, Fink AM: Inequalities Involving Functions and Their Integrals and Derivatives. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht; 1991.MATHView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Chan LY: Some further extensions of Hardy’s inequality. Can. Math. Bull. 1981, 24: 393–400. 10.4153/CMB-1981-061-7MATHView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kufner A, Maligranda L, Persson L-E: The prehistory of the Hardy inequality. Am. Math. Mon. 2006, 113: 715–732. 10.2307/27642033MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kufner A, Maligranda L, Persson LE: The Hardy Inequality - About Its History and Some Related Results. Vydavatelský Servis, Pilsen; 2007.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Azar, LE: Two new forms of Hilbert integral inequality, Math. Inequal. Appl. (in press)Google Scholar
- Adiyasuren V, Batbold T: Some new inequalities similar to Hilbert-type integral inequality with a homogeneous kernel. J. Math. Inequal. 2012, 6: 183–193.MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Adiyasuren V, Batbold T, Krnić M: On several new Hilbert-type inequalities involving means operators. Acta Math. Sin. Engl. Ser. 2013, 29: 1493–1514. 10.1007/s10114-013-2545-xMATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.