- Open Access
Some results on the generalized Mittag-Leffler function operator
© Prajapati et al.; licensee Springer 2013
Received: 25 October 2012
Accepted: 13 January 2013
Published: 29 January 2013
This paper is devoted to the study of a generalized Mittag-Leffler function operator introduced by Shukla and Prajapati (J. Math. Anal. Appl. 336:797-811, 2007). Laplace and Mellin transforms of this operator are investigated in this paper. Some special cases of the established results are also deduced as corollaries. The results obtained are useful where the Mittag-Leffler function occurs naturally.
MSC:33E12, 26A33, 44A45.
where (; , , , ).
where ; , , ; .
The contour L is the path of integration in the complex ξ-plane running from to for some real number γ.
2 Mellin transform of the operator (1.8)
where (, , ); , andis the H-function defined by (1.12).
which, on being interpreted by the definition of H-function (1.12), yields the desired result. □
For , Theorem 2.1 reduces to the following corollary.
where (, , ); andis the H-function defined by (1.12).
where, , , , andis the H-function defined by (1.12).
3 Laplace transform of the operator (1.8)
whereand the integral is convergent.
and is the Laplace transform of . □
For , Theorem 3.1 reduces to the following corollary.
where (, , ); and the integral operator is the one discussed by Prabhakardefined by (1.10).
where, , , ; andis the Laplace transform ofdefined by (3.2).
- Mittag-Leffler GM: Sur la nouvelle function. C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris 1903, 137: 554–558.Google Scholar
- Mittag-Leffler GM: Sur la representation analytique d’une function monogene (cinquieme note). Acta Math. 1905, 29: 101–181. 10.1007/BF02403200MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Wiman A: Uber den Fundamental Salz in der Theorie der Funktionen. Acta Math. 1905, 29: 191–201. 10.1007/BF02403202MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Prabhakar TR: A singular integral equation with a generalized Mittag-Leffler function in the kernel. Yokohama Math. J. 1971, 19: 7–15.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Shukla AK, Prajapati JC: On a generalization of Mittag-Leffler function and its properties. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2007, 336: 797–811. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.03.018MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Shukla AK, Prajapati JC: On a generalization of Mittag-Leffler type function and generalized integral operator. Math. Sci. Res. J. 2008, 12(12):283–290.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Shukla AK, Prajapati JC: On a recurrence relation of generalized Mittag-Leffler function. Surv. Appl. Math. 2009, 4: 133–138.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Shukla AK, Prajapati JC: Some remarks on generalized Mittag-Leffler function. Proyecciones 2009, 28(1):27–34.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Tomovski Z: Fractional calculus with an integral operator containing a generalized Mittag-Leffler function in the kernel. Appl. Math. Comput. 2009, 211: 198–210. 10.1016/j.amc.2009.01.055MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mathai AM, Saxena RK, Haubold HJ: The H-Function: Theory and Applications. Springer, New York; 2010.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.