Some properties of meromorphically multivalent functions
© Xu et al.; licensee Springer. 2012
Received: 18 October 2011
Accepted: 16 April 2012
Published: 16 April 2012
By using the method of differential subordinations, we derive certain properties of meromorphically multivalent functions.
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification: 30C45; 30C55.
Let f(z) and g(z) be analytic in U. Then, we say that f(z) is subordinate to g(z) in U, written f(z) ≺ g(z), if there exists an analytic function w(z) in U, such that |w(z)| ≤ |z| and f(z) = g(w(z)) (z ∈ U). If g(z) is univalent in U, then the subordination f(z) ≺ g(z) is equivalent to f(0) = g(0) and f(U) ⊂ g(U).
Recently, several authors (see, e.g., [1–7]) considered some interesting properties of meromorphically multivalent functions. In the present article, we aim at proving some subordination properties for the class Σ(p).
To derive our results, we need the following lemmas.
2 Main results
Our first result is contained in the following.
The bound β is the best possible for each .
for all z ∈ U because of g(δ) = 0. This proves (2.3).
Hence, we conclude that the bound β is the best possible for each .
Next, we derive the following.
The bound in (2.14) is sharp.
from (2.16), we get the inequality (2.14).
as z → -1. Now the proof of the theorem is complete.
Finally, we discuss the following theorem.
But both (2.23) and (2.24) contradict the assumption (2.17). Therefore, we have Rep(z) > 0 for all z ∈ U. This shows that (2.18) holds true.
- Ali RM, Ravichandran V, Seenivasagan N: Subordination and superordination of the Liu-Srivastava linear operator on meromorphically functions. Bull Malays Math Sci Soc 2008, 31: 193–207.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Aouf MK: Certain subclasses of meromprphically multivalent functions associated with generalized hypergeometric function. Comput Math Appl 2008, 55: 494–509.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Cho NE, Kwon OS, Srivastava HM: A class of integral operators preserving subordination and superordination for meromorphic functions. Appl Math Comput 2007, 193: 463–474.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Liu J-L, Srivastava HM: A linear operator and associated families of meromorphically multivalent functions J. Math Anal Appl 2001, 259: 566–581.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Liu J-L, Srivastava HM: Classes of meromorphically multivalent functions associated with the generalized hypergeometric function. Math Comput Model 2004, 39: 21–34.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Wang Z-G, Jiang Y-P, Srivastava HM: Some subclasses of meromorphically multivalent functions associated with the generalized hypergeometric function Comput. Math Appl 2009, 57: 571–586.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Wang Z-G, Sun Y, Zhang Z-H: Certain classes of meromorphically multivalent functions. Comput Math Appl 2009, 58: 1408–1417.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Suffridge TJ: Some remarks on convex maps of the unit disk. Duke Math J 1970, 37: 775–777.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Miller SS, Mocanu PT: Second order differential inequalities in the complex plane. J Math Anal Appl 1978, 65: 289–305.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.