- Open Access
On generalized absolute Cesàro summability factors
© Tuncer; licensee Springer 2012
- Received: 23 December 2011
- Accepted: 17 October 2012
- Published: 30 October 2012
In this paper, a known theorem dealing with summability factors has been generalized for summability factors. Some results have also been obtained.
MSC:40D15, 40F05, 40G99.
- Hölder’s inequality
- quasi-monotone sequence
- summability factors
If we take , then summability reduces to summability (see ).
In , we have proved the following theorem dealing with summability factors of infinite series.
then the series is summable .
The aim of this paper is to generalize Theorem A for summability. We shall prove the following theorem.
then the series is summable . It should be noted that if we take , then we get Theorem A.
We need the following lemmas for the proof of our theorem.
Lemma 1 ()
Lemma 2 ()
This completes the proof of the theorem. If we take and , then we get a result for summability factors. Also, if we take , , and , then we get a result for summability.
- Boas RP: Quasi-positive sequences and trigonometric series. Proc. Lond. Math. Soc. 1965, 14: 38–46.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Borwein D: Theorems on some methods of summability. Q. J. Math. 1958, 9: 310–316. 10.1093/qmath/9.1.310View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Das G: A Tauberian theorem for absolute summability. Proc. Camb. Philos. Soc. 1970, 67: 321–326. 10.1017/S0305004100045606View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Bor H: On generalized absolute Cesàro summability. Pac. J. Appl. Math. 2009, 2: 35–40.Google Scholar
- Tuncer AN: On generalized absolute Cesàro summability factors. Ann. Pol. Math. 2002, 78: 25–29. 10.4064/ap78-1-3MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Tuncer AN: Factors for absolute Cesàro summability. Tamkang J. Math. 2001, 32: 21–25.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Pati T: The summability factors of infinite series. Duke Math. J. 1954, 21: 271–284. 10.1215/S0012-7094-54-02127-4MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mazhar SM: On a generalized quasi-convex sequence and its applications. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 1977, 8: 784–790.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Bor H: On a new application of quasi power increasing sequences. Proc. Est. Acad. Sci. 2008, 57: 205–209. 10.3176/proc.2008.4.01MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.