- Research Article
- Open Access
Turan's inequality for appell polynomials
© Simic 2006
- Received: 31 October 2003
- Accepted: 22 November 2003
- Published: 3 January 2006
We give some necessary and sufficient conditions for the class of Appell polynomials to satisfy well-known Turan's inequality. Among the other corollaries, we apply our results to some classes of orthogonal polynomials.
- Orthogonal Polynomial
- MacMahon PA: Combinatory Analysis, Two Volumes (bound as one). Chelsea Publishing, New York; 1960:xix+302.Google Scholar
- Riordan J: An Introduction to Combinatorial Analysis, Wiley Publications in Mathematical Statistics. John Wiley & Sons, New York; Chapman & Hall, London; 1958:xi+244.Google Scholar
- Szegö G: On an inequality of P. Turán concerning Legendre polynomials. American Mathematical Society Bulletin 1948, 54: 401–405. 10.1090/S0002-9904-1948-09017-6MATHView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Szegö G: Orthogonal Polynomials, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications. Volume 23. Revised edition. American Mathematical Society, Rhode Island; 1959:ix+421.Google Scholar
- Turán P: On the zeros of the polynomials of Legendre. Československá Akademie Věd. Časopis Pro Pěstování Matematiky 1950, 75: 113–122.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.