- Research Article
- Open Access
Existence of Solutions to the System of Generalized Implicit Vector Quasivariational Inequality Problems
© Zhi Lin. 2009
Received: 31 March 2009
Accepted: 3 September 2009
Published: 27 September 2009
We study the system of generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems and prove a new existence result of its solutions by Kakutani-Fan-Glicksberg's fixed points theorem. As a special case, we also derive a new existence result of solutions to the generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems.
The system of generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems generalizes the generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems, and the latter had been studied in [1–3]. In this paper, we study the system of generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems and prove a new existence result of its solutions by Kakutani-Fan-Glicksberg's fixed points theorem. For other existence results with respect to the system of generalized implicit vector quasivariational inequality problems, we refer the reader to [4–6] and references therein.
Throughout this paper, unless otherwise specified, assume that for each , is a nonempty convex compact subset of a Banach space is a Hausdorff topological vector space, and is a closed, convex, and pointed cone of with , where denotes the interior of .
In this section, we introduce some useful notations and results.
Lemma 2.4 ([7, Theorem 1]).
Let be a nonempty paracompact subset of a Hausdorff topological space and, be a nonempty subset of a Hausdorff topological vector space . Suppose that be two set-valued maps with following conditions:
3. Existence of Solutions to the SGIVQIP
The proof is finished.
By Lemma 3.1, we obtain the following result.
If , then there exists such that for each . By Lemma 3.1, there exist open neighborhood of and open neighborhood of , such that whenever . By (1), there exist such that , which implies that there exists a positive integer such that whenever . Thus we have whenever , a contradiction. This shows that is closed,that is, is open.
We prove that the SGIVQIP has a solution.
The proof is finished.
The research was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of CQ CSTC.
- Chiang Y, Chadli O, Yao JC: Existence of solutions to implicit vector variational inequalities. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 2003,116(2):251–264. 10.1023/A:1022472103162MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Cubiotti P, Yao J: Discontinuous implicit generalized quasi-variational inequalities in Banach spaces. Journal of Global Optimization 2007,37(2):263–274. 10.1007/s10898-006-9048-6MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Lin L-J, Chen H-L: The study of KKM theorems with applications to vector equilibrium problems with implicit vector variational inequalities problems. Journal of Global Optimization 2005,32(1):135–157. 10.1007/s10898-004-2119-7MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Peng J-W, Lee H-WJ, Yang X-M: On system of generalized vector quasi-equilibrium problems with set-valued maps. Journal of Global Optimization 2006,36(1):139–158. 10.1007/s10898-006-9004-5MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ansari QH: Existence of solutions of systems of generalized implicit vector quasi-equilibrium problems. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2008,341(2):1271–1283. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.11.033MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Al-Homidan S, Ansari QH, Schaible S: Existence of solutions of systems of generalized implicit vector variational inequalities. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 2007,134(3):515–531. 10.1007/s10957-007-9236-7MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Wu X, Shen S: A further generalization of Yannelis-Prabhakar's continuous selection theorem and its applications. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 1996,197(1):61–74. 10.1006/jmaa.1996.0007MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Klein E, Thompson AC: Theory of Correspondences, Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA; 1984:xi+256.Google Scholar
- Aliprantis CD, Border KC: Infinite-Dimensional Analysis. 2nd edition. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 1999:xx+672.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.