On some differential inequalities in the unit disk with applications
© Attiya; licensee Springer. 2014
Received: 13 December 2013
Accepted: 6 January 2014
Published: 24 January 2014
In this paper we obtain a number of interesting relations associated with some differential inequalities in the open unit disk, . Some applications of the main results are also obtained.
Keywordsanalytic functions starlike functions convex functions spiral-like functions Carathéodory functions
Definition 1.1 Let and be analytic functions. The function is said to be subordinate to , written , if there exists a function analytic in , with and , and such that . If is univalent, then if and only if and .
and for . Further, let .
In this paper we obtain some interesting relations associated with some differential inequalities in . These relations extend and generalize the Carathéodory functions in which have been studied by many authors e.g., see [1–14].
2 Main results
To prove our results, we need the following lemma due to Miller and Mocanu [, p.24].
such that and , .
where E is defined by (2.2). This is in contradiction to (2.1). Then we obtain . □
such that and , .
This is in contradiction to (2.6). Then we obtain . □
3 Applications and examples
Putting (; real) in Theorem 2.1 we have the following corollary.
Putting in Corollary 3.1, we obtain the following corollary.
where () and E is defined by (2.2) with .
Since , which gives , therefore, . This completes the proof of the corollary. □
Putting () and in Theorem 2.1, we have Theorem 1 due to Kim and Cho .
Putting (), (; real) and in Theorem 2.1, we have Corollary 1 due to Kim and Cho .
Putting and in Theorem 2.1, we have the result due to Nunokawa et al. .
Putting (), and in Theorem 2.1, we have Corollary 2 due to Kim and Cho .
Putting in Theorem 2.2, we have the following corollary.
The author would like to express his gratitude to the referee(s) for the valuable advices to improve this paper.
- Attiya AA, Nasr MAM: On sufficient conditions for Carathéodory functions with applications. J. Inequal. Appl. 2013., 2013: Article ID 191Google Scholar
- Cho NE, Kim IH: Conditions for Carathéodory functions. J. Inequal. Appl. 2009., 2009: Article ID 601597Google Scholar
- Delsarte P, Genin Y: A simple proof of Livingston’s inequality for Carathéodory functions. Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 1989, 107: 1017-1020.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kim IH, Cho NE: Sufficient conditions for Carathéodory functions. Comput. Math. Appl. 2010,59(6):2067-2073. 10.1016/j.camwa.2009.12.012MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Li JL, Owa S: Sufficient conditions for starlikeness. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 2002, 33: 313-318.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Miller S: Differential inequalities and Carathéodory functions. Bull. Am. Math. Soc. 1975, 81: 79-81. 10.1090/S0002-9904-1975-13643-3View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M: Differential inequalities and Carathéodory functions. Proc. Jpn. Acad., Ser. A, Math. Sci. 1989, 65: 326-328. 10.3792/pjaa.65.326MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M: On properties of non-Carathéodory functions. Proc. Jpn. Acad., Ser. A, Math. Sci. 1992, 68: 152-153. 10.3792/pjaa.68.152MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M, Owa S, Takahashi N, Saitoh H: Sufficient conditions for Carathéodory functions. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 2002, 33: 1385-1390.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Obradovic M, Owa S: On certain properties for some classes of starlike functions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 1990, 145: 357-364. 10.1016/0022-247X(90)90405-5MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Padmanabhan KS: On sufficient conditions for starlikeness. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 1990, 32: 543-550.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Shiraishi H, Owa S, Srivastava HM: Sufficient conditions for strongly Carathéodory functions. Comput. Math. Appl. 2011,62(8):2978-2987. 10.1016/j.camwa.2011.08.004MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Tuneski N: On certain sufficient conditions for starlikeness. Int. J. Math. Math. Sci. 2000, 23: 521-527. 10.1155/S0161171200003574MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Yang D, Owa S, Ochiai K: Sufficient conditions for Carathéodory functions. Comput. Math. Appl. 2006, 51: 467-474. 10.1016/j.camwa.2005.10.008MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Miller SS, Mocanu PT: Differential Subordination: Theory and Application. Dekker, New York; 2000.Google Scholar
- Nunokawa M, Owa S, Nishiwaki J, Saitoh H: Sufficient conditions for starlikeness and convexity of analytic functions with real coefficients. Southeast Asian Bull. Math. 2009,33(6):1149-1155.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.