- Open Access
On generalized sequence spaces via modulus function
© Savaş; licensee Springer. 2014
- Received: 25 September 2013
- Accepted: 4 February 2014
- Published: 4 March 2014
In this paper, we introduce and study the concept of lacunary strongly -convergence with respect to a modulus function and lacunary -statistical convergence and examine some properties of these sequence spaces. We establish some connections between lacunary strongly -convergence and lacunary -statistical convergence.
- modulus function
- almost convergence
- lacunary sequence
- statistical convergence
if (i.e. for all n),
, where ,
, where the shift operator D is defined by .
The space is closely related to the space , which is an space with for all real .
if and only if ,
for all ,
f is continuous from the right at zero.
By a φ-function we understand a continuous non-decreasing function defined for and such that , , for and as .
A φ-function φ is called non-weaker than a φ-function ψ if there are constants such that (for all large u) and we write .
A φ-function φ and ψ are called equivalent if there are positive constants , , c, , , l such that (for all large u) and we write .
In this paper, we introduce and study some properties of the following sequence space which is generalization of Savaş .
If , the sequence x is said to be almost lacunary strong φ-convergent to zero with respect to a modulus f. In the next theorem we establish inclusion relations between and . We now have the following.
If then we have .
If , then we have .
, then we have .
Thus . Finally, .
The proof of (c) follows from (a) and (b). This completes the proof. □
Proof This can be proved by using techniques similar to those used in the theorem of Savaş . □
Recently Savaş  defined -statistical convergence as follows.
We now establish inclusion relations between and .
In the following theorem we assume that .
- (b)Let us suppose that . If the modulus function f is a bounded function, then there exists an integer K such that for . Let us take
Taking the limit as , we observe that .
This completes the proof. □
I would like to express my gratitude to the referee of the paper for his useful comments and suggestions towards the quality improvement of the paper. This paper was presented during the ‘2nd International Eurasian Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications’ held on Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on 26th to 29th August 2013, and it was submitted for the conference proceedings.
- Banach S: Theorie des Operations Lineaires. Panstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukove, Warszawa; 1932.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Lorentz GG: A contribution to the theory of divergent sequences. Acta Math. 1948, 80: 167-190. 10.1007/BF02393648MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Freedman AR, Sember JJ, Raphel M: Some Cesaro-type summability spaces. Proc. Lond. Math. Soc. 1978, 37: 508-520.View ArticleMathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Das G, Mishra SK: Banach limits and lacunary strong almost convergence. J. Orissa Math. Soc. 1983,2(2):61-70.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Savaş E: On some generalized sequence spaces defined by a modulus. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 1999,30(5):459-464.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Connor J: On strong matrix summability with respect to a modulus and statistical convergence. Can. Math. Bull. 1989,32(2):194-198. 10.4153/CMB-1989-029-3MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Maddox IJ: Sequence spaces defined by a modulus. Math. Proc. Camb. Philos. Soc. 1986, 100: 161-166. 10.1017/S0305004100065968MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Malkowsky E, Savaş E: Some λ -sequence spaces defined by a modulus. Arch. Math. 2000, 36: 219-228.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Nuray F, Savaş E: Some new sequence spaces defined by a modulus function. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 1993,24(11):657-663.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Pehlivan S, Fisher B: Some sequence spaces defined by a modulus. Math. Slovaca 1995,43(3):275-280.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Pehlivan S: Sequence space defined by a modulus function. Erc. Univ. J. Sci. 1989, 3: 875-880.Google Scholar
- Waszak A: On the strong convergence in sequence spaces. Fasc. Math. 2002, 33: 125-137.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ruckle WH: FK Spaces in which the sequence of coordinate vectors is bounded. Can. J. Math. 1973, 25: 973-978. 10.4153/CJM-1973-102-9MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Savaş E: On some new sequence spaces defined by infinite matrix and modulus. Adv. Differ. Equ. 2013., 2013: Article ID 274 10.1186/1687-1847-2013-274Google Scholar
- Fast H: Sur la convergence statistique. Colloq. Math. 1951, 2: 241-244.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Šalát T: On statistically convergent sequences of real numbers. Math. Slovaca 1980, 30: 139-150.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Fridy JA: On statistical convergence. Analysis 1985, 5: 301-313.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Fridy JA, Orhan C: Lacunary statistical convergence. Pac. J. Math. 1993, 160: 43-51. 10.2140/pjm.1993.160.43MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Savaş E: Strongly almost convergence and almost λ -statistical convergence. Hokkaido Math. J. 2000, 29: 63-68.Google Scholar
- Schoenberg IJ: The integrability of certain functions and related summability methods. Am. Math. Mon. 1959, 66: 361-375. 10.2307/2308747MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly credited.