A class of analytic functions involving in the Dziok-Srivastava operator
© Xu et al.; licensee Springer 2013
Received: 7 December 2012
Accepted: 8 March 2013
Published: 1 April 2013
Let be a class of functions of the form
which are analytic in the open unit disk . By means of the Dziok-Srivastava operator, we introduce a new subclass
of . In particular, coincides with the class of uniformly convex functions introduced by Goodman. The order of starlikeness and the radius of α-spirallikeness of order β () are computed. Inclusion relations and convolution properties for the class are obtained. A special member of is also given. The results presented here not only generalize the corresponding known results, but also give rise to several other new results.
In this paper we introduce and investigate the following subclass of .
Throughout this paper we assume, unless otherwise stated, that l, m, α and μ satisfy (1.10).
2 Subordination theorem
It follows from (2.2) that . In order to prove the theorem, it suffices to show that the function given by (2.2) maps conformally onto the parabolic region Ω.
maps conformally onto Ω. The proof of the theorem is now completed. □
The results are sharp.
where is analytic and in .
for . Hence we have (2.7) and (2.8).
shows that the estimates (2.7) and (2.8) are sharp. □
where is analytic in with and ().
from (2.13) and (1.7), we obtain (2.12). □
3 Properties of the class
and the order is sharp.
and the order in (3.1) is sharp for the function defined by (2.11). □
The result is sharp.
that is, is α-spirallike of order β in . Also, the result is sharp for the function defined by (2.11). □
Setting , Theorem 3 reduces to the following.
Corollary 3 Let . Then is α-spirallike of order in . The result is sharp.
where denotes the convex hull of .
Applying the lemma, we derive Theorems 4 and 5 below.
Therefore, by Theorem 1, and (3.8) is proved. □
Consequently, by applying Theorem 1, and the proof of (3.13) is completed. □
Thus Theorem 5 yields the following.
- (i)If and , then
- (ii)If with and , then
The result is sharp, that is, cannot be increased.
Now, by virtue of (3.19), (3.20), (3.21), and (i)-(iv), we have proved the theorem. □
The result is sharp.
is analytic in , and , then (). Hence (3.33) follows from (3.36) at once. □
The estimate (3.33) is sharp since equality is attained for the function defined by (2.11).
Dedicated to Professor Hari M Srivastava.
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11171045).
- Goodman AW: On uniformly convex functions. Ann. Polon. Math. 1991, 56: 87–92.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Rønning F: Uniformly convex functions and a corresponding class of starlike functions. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 1993, 118: 189–196.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Gangadharan A, Shanmugam TN, Srivastava HM: Generalized hypergeometric function associated with k -uniformly convex functions. Comput. Math. Appl. 2002, 44: 1515–1526. 10.1016/S0898-1221(02)00275-4MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Goodman AW: On uniformly starlike functions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 1991, 155: 364–370. 10.1016/0022-247X(91)90006-LMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kanas S, Srivastava HM: Linear operators associated with k-uniformly convex functions. Integral Transform. Spec. Funct. 2000, 9: 121–132. 10.1080/10652460008819249MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kanas S, Wiśniowska A: Conic regions and k-uniform convexity. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 1999, 105: 327–336. 10.1016/S0377-0427(99)00018-7MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kanas S, Yaguchi T: Subclasses of k -uniformly convex and starlike functions defined by generalized derivative. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 2001, 32: 1275–1282.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Owa S: On uniformly convex functions. Math. Japon. 1998, 48: 377–384.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Rønning F: A survey on uniformly convex and uniformly starlike functions. Ann. Univ. Mariae Curie-Skłodowska, Sec. A 1993, 47: 123–134.Google Scholar
- Rønning F: On uniform starlikeness and related properties of univalent functions. Complex Variables Theory Appl. 1994, 24: 233–239. 10.1080/17476939408814715MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Dziok J, Srivastava HM: Classes of analytic functions associated with the generalized hypergeometric function. Appl. Math. Comput. 1999, 103: 1–13.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Bernardi SD: Convex and starlike univalent functions. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 1969, 135: 429–446.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Carlson BC, Shaffer DB: Starlike and prestarlike hypergeometric functions. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 1984, 15: 737–745. 10.1137/0515057MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Owa S, Srivastava HM: Univalent and starlike generalized hypergeometric functions. Canad. J. Math. 1987, 39: 1057–1077. 10.4153/CJM-1987-054-3MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ruscheweyh S: New criteria for univalent functions. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 1975, 49: 109–115. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1975-0367176-1MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Sokół J: On some applications of the Dziok-Srivastava operator. Appl. Math. Comp. 2008, 201: 774–780. 10.1016/j.amc.2008.01.013View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Sokół J, Piejko K: On the Dziok-Srivastava operator under multivalent analytic functions. Appl. Math. Comp. 2006, 177: 839–843. 10.1016/j.amc.2005.11.039View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Sokół J: Classes of multivalent functions associated with a convolution operator. Comp. Math. Appl. 2010, 60: 1343–1350. 10.1016/j.camwa.2010.06.015View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Yang D-G, Neng X: Subordinations for multivalent analytic functions associated with the Dziok-Srivastava operator. Integral Transforms Spec. Funct. 2009, 20: 581–606. 10.1080/10652460902723655MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ruscheweyh S Sem. Math. Sup. 83. In Convolutions in Geometric Function Theory. Presses University Montreal, Montreal; 1982.Google Scholar
- Suffridge TJ: Some remarks on convex maps of the unit disk. Duke Math. J. 1970, 37: 775–777. 10.1215/S0012-7094-70-03792-0MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Duren PL: Univalent Functions. Springer, New York; 1983.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.