A note on the -zeta-type function with weight α
© Cetin et al.; licensee Springer 2013
Received: 28 January 2013
Accepted: 20 February 2013
Published: 13 March 2013
The objective of this paper is to derive the symmetric property of an -zeta function with weight α. By using this property, we give some interesting identities for -Genocchi polynomials with weight α. As a result, our applications possess a number of interesting properties which we state in this paper.
Keywords-Genocchi numbers and polynomials with weight α -zeta function with weight α p-adic q-integral on
Recently, Kim has developed a new method by using the q-Volkenborn integral (or p-adic q-integral on ) and has added weight to q-Bernoulli numbers and polynomials and investigated their interesting properties (see ). He also showed that these polynomials are closely related to weighted q-Bernstein polynomials and derived novel properties of q-Bernoulli numbers with weight α by using the symmetric property of weighted q-Bernstein polynomials with the help of the q-Volkenborn integral (for more details, see ). Afterward, Araci et al. have introduced weighted -Genocchi polynomials and defined -zeta-type function with weight α by applying the Mellin transformation to the generating function of the -Genocchi polynomials with weight α which interpolates for -Genocchi polynomials with weight α at negative integers (for details, see ). In this paper, we also consider a -zeta-type function with weight α and derive some interesting properties.
We firstly list some notations as follows.
By applying some elementary methods, we will give symmetric properties of weighted -Genocchi polynomials and a weighted -zeta-type function. Consequently, our applications seem to be interesting and worthwhile for further works of many mathematicians in analytic numbers theory.
2 On the -zeta-type function
By considering the above identity in (2.3), we can easily state the following theorem.
Putting in (2.4) leads to the following corollary.
Taking into Theorem 1, we have the symmetric property of -Genocchi polynomials by the following theorem.
Thus, by comparing the coefficients of , we state the following corollary.
By using Theorem 2 and (2.5), we readily derive the following symmetric relation after some applications.
When into Theorem 3, it leads to the following corollary.
Dedicated to Professor Hari M Srivastava.
We would like to thank the referees for their valuable suggestions and comments on the present paper. The third author is supported by Uludag University Research Fund, Project Number F-2012/16 and F-2012/19.
- Kim T: On the weighted q -Bernoulli numbers and polynomials. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 2011, 21(2):207–215.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Bayad A, Kim YH: A study on the p -adic q -integrals representation on associated with the weighted q -Bernstein and q -Bernoulli polynomials. J. Inequal. Appl. 2011., 2011: Article ID 513821Google Scholar
- Araci S, Seo JJ, Erdal D:New construction weighted -Genocchi numbers and polynomials related to zeta type function. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2011., 2011: Article ID 487490. doi:10.1155/2011/487490Google Scholar
- Bayad A, Kim T: Identities involving values of Bernstein, q -Bernoulli, and q -Euler polynomials. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2011, 18(2):133–143. 10.1134/S1061920811020014MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ryoo CS: Some relations between twisted q -Euler numbers and Bernstein polynomials. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 2011, 21(2):217–223.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Ryoo CS, Kim T: An analogue of the zeta function and its applications. Appl. Math. Lett. 2006, 19: 1068–1072. 10.1016/j.aml.2005.11.019MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: q -generalized Euler numbers and polynomials. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2006, 13(3):293–308. 10.1134/S1061920806030058MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Some identities on the q -Euler polynomials of higher order and q -Stirling numbers by the fermionic p -adic integral on . Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2009, 16: 484–491. 10.1134/S1061920809040037MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: On the q -extension of Euler and Genocchi numbers. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2007, 326: 1458–1465. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.03.037MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: On the analogs of Euler numbers and polynomials associated with p -adic q -integral on at . J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2007, 331: 779–792. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.09.027MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Lee SH, Han HH, Ryoo CS: On the values of the weighted q -zeta and L -functions. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2011., 2011: Article ID 476381Google Scholar
- Kim T: q -Volkenborn integration. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2002, 9: 288–299.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: On a q -analogue of the p -adic log gamma functions and related integrals. J. Number Theory 1999, 76: 320–329. 10.1006/jnth.1999.2373MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Note on the Euler q -zeta functions. J. Number Theory 2009, 129(7):1798–1804. 10.1016/j.jnt.2008.10.007MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Some formulae for the q -Bernstein polynomials and q -deformed binomial distributions. J. Comput. Anal. Appl. 2012, 14(5):917–933.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: An identity of the symmetry for the Frobenius-Euler polynomials associated with the fermionic p -adic invariant q -integrals on . Rocky Mt. J. Math. 2011, 41(1):239–247. 10.1216/RMJ-2011-41-1-239View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Lee SH: Some properties on the q -Euler numbers and polynomials. Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2012., 2012: Article ID 284826Google Scholar
- Dolgy DV, Kang DJ, Kim T, Lee B: Some new identities on the twisted -Euler numbers and q -Bernstein polynomials. J. Comput. Anal. Appl. 2012, 14(5):974–984.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Ozden H, Cangul IN, Simsek Y: Multivariate interpolation functions of higher order q -Euler numbers and their applications. Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2008., 2008: Article ID 390857Google Scholar
- Araci, S, Acikgoz, M, Park, KH, Jolany, H: On the unification of two families of multiple twisted type polynomials by using p-adic q-integral on Z p at q = − 1 . Bull. Malays. Math. Sci. Soc. (to appear)Google Scholar
- Araci, S, Acikgoz, M, Park, KH: A note on the q-analogue of Kim’s p-adic log gamma type functions associated with q-extension of Genocchi and Euler numbers with weight α. Bull. Korean Math. Soc. (accepted)Google Scholar
- Araci S, Erdal D, Seo JJ: A study on the fermionic p -adic q -integral representation on associated with weighted q -Bernstein and q -Genocchi polynomials. Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2011., 2011: Article ID 649248Google Scholar
- Jolany H, Araci S, Acikgoz M, Seo JJ: A note on the generalized q -Genocchi measure with weight α . Bol. Soc. Parana. Mat. 2013, 31(1):17–27.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.