An Optimal Double Inequality between Power-Type Heron and Seiffert Means
© Yu-Ming Chu et al. 2010
Received: 29 August 2010
Accepted: 31 October 2010
Published: 16 November 2010
The main properties for power mean are given in .
In order to prove our main result, Theorem 1.1, we need two lemmas which we present in this section.
3. Proof of Theorem 1.1
Proof of Theorem 1.1.
This work was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant no. 11071069, the Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province under Grant no. Y7080106, and the Innovation Team Foundation of the Department of Education of Zhejiang Province under Grant no. T200924.
- Wang M-K, Chu Y-M, Qiu Y-F: Some comparison inequalities for generalized Muirhead and identric means. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2010, 2010:-10.Google Scholar
- Long B-Y, Chu Y-M: Optimal inequalities for generalized logarithmic, arithmetic, and geometric means. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2010, 2010:-10.Google Scholar
- Long B-Y, Chu Y-M: Optimal power mean bounds for the weighted geometric mean of classical means. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2010, 2010:-6.Google Scholar
- Chu Y-M, Long B-Y: Best possible inequalities between generalized logarithmic mean and classical means. Abstract and Applied Analysis 2010, 2010:-13.Google Scholar
- Chu Y-M, Qiu Y-F, Wang M-K, Wang G-D: The optimal convex combination bounds of arithmetic and harmonic means for the Seiffert's mean. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2010, 2010:-7.Google Scholar
- Long B, Xia W, Chu Y: An optimal inequality for power mean, geometric mean and harmonic mean. International Journal of Modern Mathematics 2010, 5(2):149–155.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Chu Y-M, Xia W-f: Two optimal double inequalities between power mean and logarithmic mean. Computers & Mathematics with Applications. 2010, 60(1):83–89. 10.1016/j.camwa.2010.04.032MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Zhang X-M, Xi B-Y, Chu Y-M: A new method to prove and find analytic inequalities. Abstract and Applied Analysis 2010, 2010:-19.Google Scholar
- Zhang X-M, Chu Y-M: A new method to study analytic inequalities. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2010, 2010:-13.Google Scholar
- Chu Y-M, Xia W-f: Inequalities for generalized logarithmic means. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2009, 2009:-7.Google Scholar
- Shi M-y, Chu Y-M, Jiang Y-p: Optimal inequalities among various means of two arguments. Abstract and Applied Analysis 2009, 2009:-10.Google Scholar
- Chu Y-M, Xia W-f: Two sharp inequalities for power mean, geometric mean, and harmonic mean. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2009, -6.Google Scholar
- Chu Y, Xia W: Solution of an open problem for Schur convexity or concavity of the Gini mean values. Science in China A 2009, 52(10):2099–2106. 10.1007/s11425-009-0116-5MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Chu Y, Zhang X: Necessary and sufficient conditions such that extended mean values are Schur-convex or Schur-concave. Journal of Mathematics of Kyoto University 2008, 48(1):229–238.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Chu Y, Zhang X, Wang G: The Schur geometrical convexity of the extended mean values. Journal of Convex Analysis 2008, 15(4):707–718.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Jia G, Cao J: A new upper bound of the logarithmic mean. Journal of Inequalities in Pure and Applied Mathematics 2003., 4(4, article 80):Google Scholar
- Zhang Z-H, Lokesha V, Wu Y-d: The new bounds of the logarithmic mean. Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics 2005, 11(2):185–191.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Zhang Z-H, Wu Y-d: The generalized Heron mean and its dual form. Applied Mathematics E-Notes 2005, 5: 16–23.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Seiffert J: Aufgabe 16. Die Wurzel 1995, 29: 221–222.Google Scholar
- Hästö PA: A monotonicity property of ratios of symmetric homogeneous means. Journal of Inequalities in Pure and Applied Mathematics 2002., 3(5, article 71):Google Scholar
- Bullen PS, Mitrinović DS, Vasić PM: Means and Their Inequalities. D. Reidel, , he Netherlands; 1988:xx+459.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Sándor J: A note on some inequalities for means. Archiv der Mathematik 1991, 56(5):471–473. 10.1007/BF01200091MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.