- Research Article
- Open Access
Strong Convergence Theorems for Common Fixed Points of Multistep Iterations with Errors in Banach Spaces
© F. Gu and Q. Fu. 2009
- Received: 19 November 2008
- Accepted: 9 April 2009
- Published: 15 April 2009
We establish strong convergence theorem for multi-step iterative scheme with errors for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings in the intermediate sense in Banach spaces. Our results extend and improve the recent ones announced by Plubtieng and Wangkeeree (2006), and many others.
- Banach Space
- Positive Integer
- Linear Space
- Normed Space
- Nonexpansive Mapping
From the above definitions, it follows that asymptotically nonexpansive mapping must be asymptotically nonexpansive in the intermediate sense.
The purpose of this paper is to establish a strong convergence theorem for common fixed points of the multistep iterative scheme with errors for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings in the intermediate sense in a uniformly convex Banach space. The results presented in this paper extend and improve the corresponding ones announced by Plubtieng and Wangkeeree , and many others.
Definition 2.1 (see ).
Lemma 2.2 (see ).
Lemma 2.3 (see ).
The proof is clear by Lemma 2.3.
so that . Let the sequence be defined by (1.3) whenever , , satisfy the same assumptions as in Lemma 3.2 for each and the additional assumption that there exists such that for all . Then we have the following:
This completes the proof.
so that . Let the sequence be defined by (1.3) whenever , , satisfy the same assumptions as in Lemma 3.2 for each and the additional assumption that there exists such that for all . Then converges strongly to a common fixed point of the mappings .
Theorem 3.4 improves and extends the corresponding results of Plubtieng and Wangkeeree  in the following ways.
- Goebel K, Kirk WA: A fixed point theorem for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1972,35(1):171–174. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1972-0298500-3MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Plubtieng S, Wangkeeree R: Strong convergence theorems for multi-step Noor iterations with errors in Banach spaces. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2006,321(1):10–23. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.08.029MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Liu Q: Iterative sequences for asymptotically quasi-nonexpansive mappings with error member. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2001,259(1):18–24. 10.1006/jmaa.2000.7353MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Schu J: Iterative construction of fixed points of strictly pseudocontractive mappings. Applicable Analysis 1991,40(2–3):67–72. 10.1080/00036819108839994MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.