- Research Article
- Open Access
Univalence of Certain Linear Operators Defined by Hypergeometric Function
© R. Aghalary and A. Ebadian. 2009
- Received: 11 January 2009
- Accepted: 22 April 2009
- Published: 2 June 2009
The main object of the present paper is to investigate univalence and starlikeness of certain integral operators, which are defined here by means of hypergeometric functions. Relevant connections of the results presented here with those obtained in earlier works are also pointed out.
- Positive Integer
- Analytic Function
- Integral Operator
- Unit Disk
- Fractional Derivative
For a,b,c ∈ C and c≠ 0,-1,-2,…, the Gussian hypergeometric series F(a,b;c;z) is defined as
For proving our results we need the following lemmas.
Lemma 1.1 (cf. Hallenbeck and Ruscheweyh ).
Lemma 1.2 (cf. Ruscheweyh and Stankiewicz ).
Lemma 1.3 (cf. Ruscheweyh and Sheil-Small ).
Now the required conclusion follows from (2.13) and (2.14).
Taking in Theorem 2.1 and Corollary 2.2 we get results of .
We follow the method ofproofadopted in .
and the result follows from the last subordination and Corollary 2.2.
It is well-known that (see, ) if and , then is univalent convex function in . So if we take in the Theorem 2.4, we obtain the following.
Taking and on Corollary 2.6, we get a result of .
then we have the following:
In , Pannusamy and Sahoo have also considered the class for the case with
and the result follows from (2.46) and Corollary 2.2.
- Ponnusamy S, Vasundhra P: Criteria for univalence, starlikeness and convexity. Annales Polonici Mathematici 2005,85(2):121–133. 10.4064/ap85-2-2MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Obradović M, Ponnusamy S, Singh V, Vasundhra P: Univalency, starlikeness and convexity applied to certain classes of rational functions. Analysis 2002,22(3):225–242.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Owa S, Srivastava HM: Univalent and starlike generalized hypergeometric functions. Canadian Journal of Mathematics 1987,39(5):1057–1077. 10.4153/CJM-1987-054-3MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Mishra AK, Das MK: A nested class of analytic functions defined by fractional calculus. Communications in Applied Analysis 1998,2(3):321–332.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Mishra AK: Applications of fractional calculus to parabolic starlike and uniformly convex functions. Computers & Mathematics with Applications 2000,39(3–4):57–69. 10.1016/S0898-1221(99)00333-8MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Trimble SY: The convex sum of convex functions. Mathematische Zeitschrift 1969, 109: 112–114. 10.1007/BF01111242MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Obradović M, Ponnusamy S, Vasundhra P: Univalence, strong starlikeness and integral transforms. Annales Polonici Mathematici 2005,86(1):1–13. 10.4064/ap86-1-1MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ruscheweyh St, Stankiewicz J: Subordination under convex univalent functions. Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Mathematics 1985,33(9–10):499–502.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ruscheweyh St, Sheil-Small T: Hadamard products of Schlicht functions and the Pölya-Schoenberg conjecture. Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici 1973, 48: 119–135. 10.1007/BF02566116MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ponnusamy S, Sahoo P: Geometric properties of certain linear integral transforms. Bulletin of the Belgian Mathematical Society. Simon Stevin 2005,12(1):95–108.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Obradović M, Ponnusamy S: Univalence and starlikeness of certain transforms defined by convolution of analytic functions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2007,336(2):758–767. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.03.020MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ling Y, Liu F, Bao G: Some properties of an integral transform. Applied Mathematics Letters 2006,19(8):830–833. 10.1016/j.aml.2005.10.012MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ponnusamy S, Sahoo P: Special classes of univalent functions with missing coefficients and integral transforms. Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society 2005,28(2):141–156.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.