- Research Article
- Open Access
Some Caccioppoli Estimates for Differential Forms
© Zhenhua Cao et al. 2009
- Received: 31 March 2009
- Accepted: 26 June 2009
- Published: 14 July 2009
- Differential Form
- Sobolev Inequality
- Harnack Inequality
- Weighted Sobolev Space
- Minkowski Inequality
In , Serrin gave some properties of (1.2) when the operator satisfies some conditions. In [2, chapter 3], Heinonen et al. discussed the properties of the quasielliptic equations in the weighted Sobolev spaces, which is a particular form of (1.2). Recently, a large amount of work on the -harmonic equation for differential forms has been done. In 1992, Iwaniec introduced the -harmonic tensors and the relations between quasiregular mappings and the exterior algebra (or differential forms) in . In 1993, Iwaniec and Lutoborskidiscussed the Poincaré inequality for differential forms when in , and the Poincaré inequality for differential forms was generalized to in . In 1999, Nolder gave the reverse Hölder inequality for the solution to the -harmonic equation in , and different versions of the Caccioppoli estimates have been established in [7–9]. In 2004, Ding proved the Caccioppli estimates for the solution to the nonhomogeneous -harmonic equation in , where the operator satisfies . In 2004, D'Onofrio and Iwaniec introduced the -harmonic type system in , which is an important extension of the conjugate -harmonic equation. Lots of work on the solution to the -harmonic type system have been done in [5, 12].
Similarly, denotes those -forms on which all coefficients belong to . The following definition can be found in [3, page 596].
Definition 1.1 ().
In this section we will prove the global and the local Caccioppoli estimates for the solution to (1.1) which satisfies (1.3). In the proof of the global Caccioppoli estimate, we need the following three lemmas.
Lemma 2.1 ().
By the inequalities (2.13) and (3.28) in , One has the following lemma.
Lemma 2.2 ().
Lemma 2.3 ().
When is a -differential form, that is, is a function, we have . Now we use in place of in (1.3), then (1.1) satisfying (1.3) is equivalent to (5) which satisfies (6) in , we can obtain the following result which is the improving result of [1, Theorem 2].
The Poincaré inequality can be deduced to differential forms. We can see the following lemma.
Lemma 3.3 ().
This work is supported by the NSF of China (no.10771044 and no.10671046).
- Serrin J: Local behavior of solutions of quasi-linear equations. Acta Mathematica 1964,111(1):247–302. 10.1007/BF02391014MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Heinonen J, Kilpeläìnen T, Martio O: Nonlinear Potential Theory of Degenerate Elliptic Equations, Oxford Mathematical Monographs. The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA; 1993:vi+363.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Iwaniec T: -harmonic tensors and quasiregular mappings. Annals of Mathematics 1992,136(3):589–624. 10.2307/2946602MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Iwaniec T, Lutoborski A: Integral estimates for null Lagrangians. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 1993,125(1):25–79. 10.1007/BF00411477MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Cao Z, Bao G, Li R, Zhu H: The reverse Hölder inequality for the solution to -harmonic type system. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2008, 2008:-15.Google Scholar
- Nolder CA: Hardy-Littlewood theorems for -harmonic tensors. Illinois Journal of Mathematics 1999,43(4):613–632.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Bao G: -weighted integral inequalities for -harmonic tensors. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2000,247(2):466–477. 10.1006/jmaa.2000.6851MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ding S: Weighted Caccioppoli-type estimates and weak reverse Hölder inequalities for -harmonic tensors. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1999,127(9):2657–2664. 10.1090/S0002-9939-99-05285-5MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Yuming X: Weighted integral inequalities for solutions of the -harmonic equation. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2003,279(1):350–363. 10.1016/S0022-247X(03)00036-2MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ding S: Two-weight Caccioppoli inequalities for solutions of nonhomogeneous -harmonic equations on Riemannian manifolds. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 2004,132(8):2367–2375. 10.1090/S0002-9939-04-07347-2MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- D'Onofrio L, Iwaniec T: The -harmonic transform beyond its natural domain of definition. Indiana University Mathematics Journal 2004,53(3):683–718. 10.1512/iumj.2004.53.2462MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Bao G, Cao Z, Li R: The Caccioppoli estimate for the solution to the -harmonic type system. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Differential Equations and Dynaminal Systems (DCDIS '09), 2009 63–67.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.