© Hongshun Ruan. 2009
Received: 25 August 2008
Accepted: 3 January 2009
Published: 14 January 2009
1. Introduction and Some Lemmas
provided that the series converges.
In order to prove the main result, we need to introduce two lemmas.
(1.9) is proved.
Thus, (1.13) follows. We complete the proof.
2. Main Result and Its Proof
From (2.4) and (1.6), (2.1) holds. The proof is completed.
As the application of Theorem 2.1, in this section, we obtain some results. First, we give following lemma.
From (3.2), (3.1) holds.
Combining (3.4)–(3.7), (3.3) holds.
which by combining with (3.10), implies (3.9).
Combining (3.15) and (3.16), (3.14) follows.
From (3.23) and (1.5), (3.17) follows.
- Anderson GD, Barnard RW, Richards KC, Vamanamurthy MK, Vuorinen M: Inequalities for zero-balanced hypergeometric functions. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 1995,347(5):1713–1723. 10.2307/2154966MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Gasper G, Rahman M: Basic Hypergeometric Series, Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications. Volume 35. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK; 1990:xx+287.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Ito M: Convergence and asymptotic behavior of Jackson integrals associated with irreducible reduced root systems. Journal of Approximation Theory 2003,124(2):154–180. 10.1016/j.jat.2003.08.006MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Wang M: An inequality for and its applications. Journal of Mathematical Inequalities 2007,1(3):339–345.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Wang M: Two inequalities for and applications. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2008, 2008:-6.Google Scholar
- Wang M, Ruan H: An inequality about and its applications. Journal of Inequalities in Pure and Applied Mathematics 2008,9(2, article 48):-6.Google Scholar
- Rogers LJ: On a three-fold symmetry in the elements of Heine's series. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society 1893, 24: 171–179.MATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.