© Qihu Zhang. 2007
Received: 24 March 2007
Accepted: 5 July 2007
Published: 5 August 2007
We consider the oscillatory property of the following -Laplacian equations , . Since there is no Picone-type identity for - Laplacian equations, it is an unsolved problem that whether the Sturmian comparison theorems for -Laplacian equations are valid or not. We obtain sufficient conditions of the oscillatory of solutions for -Laplacian equations.
- Acerbi E, Mingione G: Regularity results for stationary electro-rheological fluids. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 2002,164(3):213–259. 10.1007/s00205-002-0208-7MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Fan X, Zhang QH, Zhao D: Eigenvalues of-Laplacian Dirichlet problem. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2005,302(2):306–317. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2003.11.020MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Růžička M: Electrorheological Fluids: Modeling and Mathematical Theory, Lecture Notes in Mathematics. Volume 1748. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 2000:xvi+176.Google Scholar
- Zhang QH: A strong maximum principle for differential equations with nonstandard-growth conditions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2005,312(1):24–32. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.03.013MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Zhang QH: The asymptotic behavior of solutions for-laplace equations. to appear in Journal of Zhengzhou University of Light to appear in Journal of Zhengzhou University of LightGoogle Scholar
- Zhikov VV: Averaging of functionals of the calculus of variations and elasticity theory. Mathematics of the USSR. Izvestija 1987,29(1):33–36. 10.1070/IM1987v029n01ABEH000958View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Agarwal RP, Grace SR: On the oscillation of certain second order differential equations. Georgian Mathematical Journal 2000,7(2):201–213.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Jaroš J, Takaŝi K, Yoshida N: Picone-type inequalities for nonlinear elliptic equations with first-order terms and their applications. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2006, 2006: 17 pages.Google Scholar
- Lorca S: Nonexistence of positive solution for quasilinear elliptic problems in the half-space. Journal of Inequalities and Applications 2007, 2007: 4 pages.Google Scholar
- Sugie J, Yamaoka N: Growth conditions for oscillation of nonlinear differential equations with-Laplacian. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2005,306(1):18–34. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2004.10.009MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.