Slowly Oscillating Solutions for Differential Equations with Strictly Monotone Operator
© C. Zhang and Y. Guo. 2007
Received: 2 August 2006
Accepted: 28 February 2007
Published: 23 April 2007
The authors discuss necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence and uniqueness of slowly oscillating solutions for the differential equation with strictly monotone operator. Particularly, the authors give necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence and uniqueness of slowly oscillating solutions for the differential equation , where denotes the gradient of the convex function on .
- Biroli M: Sur les solutions bornées ou presque périodiques des équations d'évolution multivoques sur un espace de Hilbert. Ricerche di Matematica 1972, 21: 17–47.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Dafermos CM: Almost periodic processes and almost periodic solutions of evolution equations. In Dynamical Systems (Proc. Internat. Sympos., Univ. Florida, Gainesville, Fla., 1976). Academic Press, New York, NY, USA; 1977:43–57.Google Scholar
- Haraux A: Nonlinear Evolution Equations—Global Behavior of Solutions, Lecture Notes in Mathematics. Volume 841. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 1981:xii+313.Google Scholar
- Huang FL: Existence of almost periodic solutions for dissipative differential equations. Annals of Differential Equations 1990,6(3):271–279.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ishii H: On the existence of almost periodic complete trajectories for contractive almost periodic processes. Journal of Differential Equations 1982,43(1):66–72. 10.1016/0022-0396(82)90074-2MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Cieutat P: Necessary and sufficient conditions for existence and uniqueness of bounded or almost-periodic solutions for differential systems with convex potential. Differential and Integral Equations 2005,18(4):361–378.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Slyusarchuk VE: Necessary and sufficient conditions for existence and uniqueness of bounded and almost-periodic solutions of nonlinear differential equations. Acta Applicandae Mathematicae 2001,65(1–3):333–341.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Sarason D: Remotely almost periodic functions. In Proceedings of the Conference on Banach Algebras and Several Complex Variables (New Haven, Conn., 1983), 1984, Providence, RI, USA, Contemporary Mathematics. Volume 32. American Mathematical Society; 237–242.
- Zhang C: Almost Periodic Type Functions and Ergodicity. Science Press, Beijing, China; 2003:xii+355.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Zhang C: New limit power function spaces. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 2004,49(5):763–766. 10.1109/TAC.2004.825970View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Zhang C: Strong limit power functions. The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications 2006,12(3):291–307. 10.1007/s00041-006-6004-2MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Zhang C, Meng C: -algebra of strong limit power functions. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 2006,51(5):828–831. 10.1109/TAC.2006.875016MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Arendt W, Batty CJK, Hieber M, Neubrander F: Vector-Valued Laplace Transforms and Cauchy Problems, Monographs in Mathematics. Volume 96. Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland; 2001:xii+523.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.