On the estimation of upper bound for solutions of perturbed discrete Lyapunov equations
© D.-Y. Chen and D.-Y.Wang 2006
Received: 20 February 2006
Accepted: 12 June 2006
Published: 18 October 2006
The estimation of the positive definite solutions to perturbed discrete Lyapunov equations is discussed. Several upper bounds of the positive definite solutions are obtained when the perturbation parameters are norm-bounded uncertain. In the derivation of the bounds, one only needs to deal with eigenvalues of matrices and linear matrix inequalities, and thus avoids solving high-order algebraic equations. A numerical example is presented.
- Amir-Moéz AR: Extreme properties of eigenvalues of a hermitian transformation and singular values of the sum and product of linear transformations. Duke Mathematical Journal 1956, 23: 463–476. 10.1215/S0012-7094-56-02343-2MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Horn RA, Johnson CR: Matrix Analysis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge; 1985:xiii+561.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kwon WH, Moon YS, Ahn SC: Bounds in algebraic Riccati and Lyapunov equations: a survey and some new results. International Journal of Control 1996,64(3):377–389. 10.1080/00207179608921634MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Lu LZ: Matrix bounds and simple iterations for positive semidefinite solutions to discrete-time algebraic Riccati equations. Journal of Xiamen University. Natural Science 1995,34(4):512–516.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Moheimani SOR, Petersen IR: Optimal quadratic guaranteed cost control of a class of uncertaintime-delay systems. IEE Proceedings-Control Theory and Applications 1997,144(2):183–188. 10.1049/ip-cta:19970844View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xie L: Output feedbackcontrol of systems with parameter uncertainty. International Journal of Control 1996,63(4):741–750. 10.1080/00207179608921866MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xu J-H, Skelton RE, Zhu G: Upper and lower covariance bounds for perturbed linear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 1990,35(8):944–948. 10.1109/9.58509MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.