Fejér-Type Inequalities (I)
© Kuei-Lin Tseng et al. 2010
Received: 3 May 2010
Accepted: 3 December 2010
Published: 15 December 2010
We establish some new Fejér-type inequalities for convex functions.
In , Dragomir established the following theorem which is a refinement of the first inequality of (1.1).
In , Yang and Hong established the following theorem which is a refinement of the second inequality in (1.1).
In , Fejér established the following weighted generalization of the Hermite-Hadamard inequality (1.1).
is known as Fejér inequality.
2. Main Results
In order to prove our main results, we need the following lemma.
Lemma 2.1 (see ).
Now, we are ready to state and prove our results.
in Lemma 2.1.
The following Fejér-type inequality is a natural consequence of Theorems 2.2–2.9.
which is a refinement of (1.1).
This research was partially supported by Grant NSC 97-2115-M-156-002.
- Hadamard J: Étude sur les propriétés des fonctions entières en particulier d'une fonction considérée par Riemann. Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées 1893, 58: 171–-215.Google Scholar
- Dragomir SS: Two mappings in connection to Hadamard's inequalities. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 1992, 167(1):49–56. 10.1016/0022-247X(92)90233-4MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Fejér L: Über die Fourierreihen, II. Math. Naturwiss. Anz Ungar. Akad. Wiss. 1906, 24: 369–390.Google Scholar
- Hwang D-Y, Tseng K-L, Yang G-S: Some Hadamard's inequalities for co-ordinated convex functions in a rectangle from the plane. Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics 2007, 11(1):63–73.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Pečarić JE, Proschan F, Tong YL: Convex Functions, Partial Orderings, and Statistical Applications, Mathematics in Science and Engineering. Volume 187. Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA; 1992:xiv+467.Google Scholar
- Yang G-S, Hong M-C: A note on Hadamard's inequality. Tamkang Journal of Mathematics 1997, 28(1):33–37.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.